16 Years digital experience with 7 in the financial sector. I am a business-growth expert who can build a business line from start-up.
I have 16 years digital experience with 6 years + of board level experience within performance based digital businesses, latterly in the fintech sector. I am now open to senior level opportunities at highly innovative companies.
I excel at operational development of high technology environments. I have in depth experience of Internet (including mobile) marketing and media buying. I am detailed oriented and can develop and implement an online growth strategy for a dynamic technology company.
- Strategic planning, product development, business management, media buying.
- Strong experience of working with UK & US technology companies.
- 15+ years proven ability developing digital businesses.
- Board, P&L management & team building capabilities.
- Strong product management and technological understanding.
- Previously FCA directly authorised and have a depth of experience within consumer financial services.
A Sample Of Hands-On Technology Experience
- Paid Search
- Marin, Adwords, Adcentre, RTX, Zeropark, Selfadvertiser,
- Outbrain, Taboola, Revcontent, Contentad
- Facebook, Appnexus, Openx, Admedo, GDN,
- Optimisation & Analytics
- Optimizely, GA + complex Inhouse proprietary systems
- CRM, Lead & Pipeline
- Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, FLG360, Cake, Hasoffers,
- ly, Admob, Airpush, Startapp, Appnext,
- Slack, Asana, Jira, Confluence
- Affiliate & SaaS platforms
- Affiliate Window, Impact Radius, CJ, TD, Zanox, etc – essentially, all of them
- Launched InspiredQuotes.co a FinTech lead generation business (Part of Inspire Digital)
- Turned-around loss making Simply Media to significant growth. From £3m T/O to £13m T/O with 5% EBITDA
- Grew CompareStorePrices.co.uk EBITDA by 35% through re-commercialisation.
- Built Search123 at ValueClick from a pure start-up position to annual revenues of £17m at 38% GM.
- Grew InfoSpace Europe MetaSearch business from zero to £15m/Yr at 42% GM.
- Built start-up AllCars.com with £2m seed capital.
Inspire Digital Ltd | Head of Consumer Finance
Consumer Finance Lead Generation
Mission: To build out consumer finance lead generation & broker network
- Building lead platform www.inspiredquotes.co
Simply Media Publishing LLC (2010-2016) | Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Finance Lead Generation
Mission: To build out consumer finance lead generation media buying operation and create or buy a B2B lead marketplace
- Grew from £3m T/O to £13.5m T/O
- Doubled Net Profit during our biggest year.
- Managed acquisition of LeadPoint
I also created Compliance Media Ltd during this time to provide FCA regulatory compliance for the Simply Media (as USA company)
CompareStorePrices.co.uk (2008-2010) | Chief Operations Officer
Mission: To professionalise the business, build new products, create a team and ad platform and renegotiate all partnerships.
- Developed EBITDA by 35% through re-commercialisation
- Developed new products & services incrementing revenue by 25%
ValueClick (now Conversant) (2003-2009) MD, ValueClick Publishing
Search Syndication & Publishing
Mission: To build from scratch an ad syndication platform and build a large affiliate network
- Built Search123 from a pure start-up position to annual revenues of £17m at 38% GM
- Managed acquisition of Shopping.net.
Education and Qualifications:
Open University MBA Certificate, 1st Year (full 3 year course paused)
Oxford College ONC – Mechanical Engineering Diploma
Marlborough School 8 GCSE’s
I have two young children. I am a qualified sailor and enjoy outdoor oriented activities. I have a passion for building businesses either as start-up or as a division within a larger organisation.
I live in in the London commuter belt – near Haslemere, Surrey.. I am willing to relocate internationally for the right role and opportunity.
What I Am Looking For:
Ideally I want to get a senior role within an organisation that has build an existing revenue line, or is an organisation wanting to launch an additional business line which leverages learning’s from its core revenue.
Packages which include options or performance based equity are very important to me.
I can also offer the flexibility of billing through my consulting company if you prefer to negate some of the HR requirements of staffing.
If I sound right for you, let’s talk! There is no substitute to the value of a face to face meeting.