Board Level Experience
Mobile Marketing & App Install Experience
Team Building & Management Experience
Mergers & Acquisition Experience
Lead Generation Experience
Media Buying Experience
Compliance & Regulatory Experience
- Board and P&L management.
- Strategic planning, product development, business management, media buying.
- Strong experience of working with UK & US technology companies.
- Small company M & A experience.
- 15+ years proven ability developing digital businesses.
- Team management capabilities.
- Strong product management and technological understanding.
- Agile (Scrum Master) project development process
- Re-built Simply Media through a challenging environment.
- Took the company from loss making to £13m T/O with 5% EBITDA through acquisition, restructuring and growth.
- Acquisition of LeadPoint UK & Shopping.net.
- Grew CompareStorePrices.co.uk EBITDA by 35% through re-commercialisation.
- Built Search123 at ValueClick from a pure start-up position to annual revenues of £17m at 38% GM.
- Grew InfoSpace Europe MetaSearch business from zero to £15m/Yr at 42% GM.
- Built start-up AllCars.com with £2m seed capital.
Inspire Labs UK Ltd
Managing Director Feb 2016 – Present
Inspire Labs UK Ltd is a start-up which helps grow business opportunities with other companies within the Inspire Group. Currently is is developing Findprices.com – a crowd sources shopping comparison service and Inspiredquotes.co – a UK consumer finance lead generation business.
- Market analysis and subsequent strategy creation and roadmap planning
- Operational oversight of inhouse and external resources for roadmap roll out
- Project management using agile methodologies (Asana)
- Successful creation of Inspiredquotes.co business line
- Build and marketing roll out of Findprices.com
Simply Media Publishing Ltd
Chief Executive Officer Apr 2011 – Feb 2016
My role at Simply Media is diverse and involves leadership, strategic planning as well as a high level of operational management.
- Full board level and P&L responsibilities.
- Complete re-structure of the US and UK Simply Media business.
- Oversaw the acquisition of LeadPoint UK, taking revenues to £13.5m with a GP at 28%.
- Product development of consumer destination sites and in-house technology platform.
- Manage an annual media buying budget of up to £6m.
- Manage and develop the large UK & US affiliate network.
- LeadPoint won a place in the Deloitte Fast Tech 50 in 2011 and 2012.
Compliance Media Ltd
Managing Director Dec 2013 – Feb 2016
Created to provide FCA oversight for Simply Media Publishing, Compliance Media Ltd is an FCA regulated UK based business primarily engaged in lead generation and customer acquisition for financial services products through all online channels. We focus mainly on the mortgage market and provide qualified digital customer acquisition for nationwide mortgage brokers.
Our core competences are in paid search, email & social marketing as well as through funnel analytics and user flow optimisation.
Chief Operating Officer Apr 2009 – Feb 2011
I joined the founder as an entrepreneurial venture to grow it to exit. My responsibilities within the business were as hands-on operational management. It was a small organisation and my goal sell for £20m.
- Grew CompareStorePrices.co.uk revenue by 40% and the GM by 21%.
- Developed an advertiser platform and sales team.
- Developed a bespoke PPC advertiser platform.
ValueClick Europe (now called Conversant Media)
Managing Director – Publishing Division, Europe Nov 2003 – Feb 2009
I built a publishing division at ValueClick Europe with a T?O of $23m. It was built from a combination of the purcahse of Shopping.net and the development and roll out of Search123.
Shopping.net was a suite of high valuable single word domains like classifieds.co.uk, shopping.net, directory.co.uk and more from which content and arbitrage sites were created.
Search123 which was a Meta Search syndication business that syndicates Google and Yahoo! paid search adverts to other websites to allow monetisation of their traffic.
I held a leadership role and was also very hands-on with the commercial and operational development. My achievements were:
- Developed the business unit from the ground up. Which included everything from developing a sales process, the technology platforms and all operational functions.
- Built the revenue line from zero to £17m p/a at 38% GM.
- Lead a team of 30 staff in the UK plus an additional team of 15 in India and 7 in the USA.
- Successfully negotiated global contracts with Google and Yahoo! worth £40m and £25m respectively.
- Developed a Search Marketing ancillary business unit of 6 marketing professionals.
- Developed the publisher strategy and was integral in the acquisition of Shopping.net for $13.5m.
- Lead the design and build of 20 premium UK consumer websites.
- Managed an annual media buying budget of circa £10m.
Business Development Manager, Search & Directories Jun 2001 – Oct 2003
InfoSpace Europe ran a MetaSearch syndication business of Google, Yahoo!, Mirago, Miva and other paid search providers to monetise publishers traffic. InfoSpace also built and distributed the Yellow Pages and White Pages products for Thomson Directories via white labelling to tier 1 sites such as Virgin.net, Tiscali, AOL, Telegraph.co.uk, DailyMirror and others.
- Launched the MetaSearch syndication business division.
- Developed the Directories business divisions.
- Grew syndication from start-up to £15m T/O per year at 42% GM.
- Managed an annual media buying budget of £8m.
- Responsible for product development of the Thomson Directories technology platform.
- Grew the Yellow Pages business (ThomsonDirectories) to £100k GP per month.
Early Years Career History:
AllCars.com – General Manager Jan 2000 May 2001
BMW (GB) – Marketing Manager April 1995 December 1999
Danka Inc. – Sales Executive January 1993 February 1995
Oxford Instruments PLC – Technical Sales April 1989 December 1992
Education and Qualifications
Open UniversityMBA Certificate, 1st Year (course paused)
Oxford College ONC – Mech-Eng Diploma
Marlborough School 8 GCSE’s
I have two young children. I am a qualified sailor and enjoy outdoor oriented activities.
I am detail oriented and have a passion for product development, marketing and analytics. I have a strong track record in business development and business management.
I am at a stage in life which where I want to spend my energy on a business where I can make a real difference.
I am looking to join an organisation that appreciates innovative thinking and can be dynamic in a changing environment. The ideal company will have a strong growth and exit opportunity which I can help bring to reality and will provide a competitive stock options plan or equity based on growth.
Mobile: 07432 70 40 41